Innovative and forward thinking solutions for your business.
“Wow! What a great session that was Last week. The team made me feel so welcome, and the quality of the delivery was excellent. Thank you so much for alerting me to the opportunity. WECIL is my preferred provider for disability advice and support. WECIL exceeded my expectations: combining knowledge and lived experience with humour to make a valuable and very enjoyable day. I am clear about how I will use the knowledge acquired to benefit employers in the South West.”
Tracey McCarthy from The HR Services
The Business Support team are here to assist businesses in creating a more inclusive workplace through a variety of different channels. We know first-hand how beneficial employing disabled people can be; with our unrivalled experience you can have peace of mind that we can support you in creating a strong, diverse and dynamic team.
As an organisation run by disabled people, we are experts in our field. With our advice, you can not only meet your obligations as an employer but go further to increase performance, improve workplace cohesion and create a more inclusive environment for staff as well as customers.
We have worked with a variety of respective clients across a wide spectrum of departments, including Senior Management, and HR. Our services are designed to support business alike to improve accessibility and inclusivity for their staff and customers. For your convenience you can download our Business Support Guide for more information about our services, alternatively you can use the drop down bars for individual services.
WECIL Business Support Services
Become a Disability Confident Employer
Disability Equality Training - Level 1 training is CPD Accredited
Pledge your commitment to disabled people and a more inclusive workplace. ‘‘Disability Confident’’ is a government accreditation. There are three different levels that you can acquire, and with our support and expertise we can guide you through each step and ensure that you meet the criteria for accreditation.
About Disability Confident:
• Working alongside a Disabled Persons User Led Organisation in order to meet accreditation requirements
• Remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in employment
• Enabling businesses to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
• Improved brand awareness and profile
• Ease of progressing through each accredited level by working with a Disabled Persons User Led Organisation and accessing Disability Equality Training
If you are interested in learning more about how to become Disability Confident, then please contact us directly.
This informative, thought provoking and forward thinking course will allow you to make the first steps towards becoming a Disability Confident Employer.
- Delivered by someone with lived experience as a disabled person
- Step towards a national accreditation as a “Disability Confident Employer”
- Understanding of the Social Model of Disability
- Guidance on legislation and best practice
- Support for your disabled staff and customers
- Equalities Act Compliance
- Built in action plan for businesses which will focus on correcting highlighted barriers to supporting disabled people
- Access to the “Purple Pound”
- CPD Accredited
Mental Health Awareness Training
We can use our experience to help you improve the accessibility of your business. Many barriers and hazards may not be a visible to people who are not access experts. Access Audit’s are carried out by trained auditors with lived experience as a disabled person. This is then followed up with a report of recommendations for improvements. A full audit will be carried out on your organisation to assess the accessibility of your premises, including outside spaces and your digital profile. This means that all aspects of your organisation can become more accessible.
About WECIL Access Audits:
- Audits provided by the lived experience of disabled people from a pan impairment perspective
- Risk reduction in regards to DDA Compliance
- Detailed report for evidence of implementation of access improvements for disabled people
- Access improvements can improve customer footfall
- Identifying risks, hazards and preventing access complaints
- Step towards becoming a Disability Confident Employer
- Improve reputation
Approximately 1 in 4 people will experience a mental illness each year. In 2015 15.8 million work days were lost due to mental illness. Gain a greater understanding of how you can manage staff and customer mental health in the workplace.
- Delivered by a disabled person with lived experience of mental health
- Understanding of the Social Model of Disability that relates to mental health
- Save your business time, money and improve efficiency in supporting people with mental health conditions
- Reduction in staff absence
- Improved staff performance
- More secure and productive workforce
- Early intervention with staff who may or may not identify themselves as disabled or having issues with their mental wellbeing
- Promote resilience Mental Health Awareness Training
Some of our clients include:
TLT Solicitors, eXPD8 Field Marketing, University of the West of England, South Gloucestershire Council, Business in the Community, Southern Brooks Community Partnerships, Barton Hill Settlement, Southmead Development Trust, Carers Support Centre, Developing Health & Independence, Julian House, Babbasa Youth Empowerment Projects CIC, Driving & Mobility, ACTA Community Theatre, Releasing New Potential, Shelter, The Park Community Centre, Team North Somerset, Creative Youth Network, Broadway Lodge, UWE
“The disability equalities training we received helped to bring the issue back to the forefront of my mind and that I should be considering disability equalities in all the decisions I make about The Greenway Centre. The training helped me to identify areas for immediate improvement and increased my confidence to make those changes. The trainer had a very engaging approach and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity for decision and exploring ideas”. – Southmead Development Trust
You can find out more about the services we offer on the Consultancy and advice and Training pages of our website and if you’d like to discuss our services in more detail, please do get in touch with our team on:
Telephone: 0117 9479918 / 07973687021
Our level one Disability Equality Training is is CPD Accredited.